Wendover station was opened by the Metropolitan Railway in 1892 when the line was extended from Chalfont & Latimer to Aylesbury. From 1899 the station was also served by the Great Central Railway under the auspices of the Metropolitan & Great Central Joint Committee. The Metropolitan later became part of London Transport and the Great Central became the LNER and then British Railways, but the line remained a joint concern and responsibilty for the station fell for a period to London Transport. Following electrification of the line to Amersham London Transport relinquished their interest in the line north thereof and it became fully part of the British Railways network. The station is now operated by Chiltern Railways. CRS code: WND
Image courtesy of Google Earth.