FORD [Ford Junction]
This West Sussex station was opened in 1846 by the Brighton & Chichester Railway, which within a matter of weeks became part of the London, Brighton & South Coast Railway. The station acted as a junction between the West Coastway line and both the Arun Valley and Littlehampton branch lines, however the present service pattern means most passenger interchange is now handled at Barnham. Following privatisation the station became part of the widely loathed Connex South Central TOC but it is now operated by Southern. CRS code: FOD.
Image courtesy of Google Earth.