BRIDGE OF ORCHY
An example of one of the West Highland Line's island platform stations. Bridge of Orchy was opened in 1894 by the West Highland Railway which later became part of the North British Railway. The building was built in what was termed the Swiss style and indeed the wooden shingles covering the walls were specially imported from Switzerland. As well as local services the station is also served by the Caledonian Sleeper which runs between London Euston and Fort William. Operated by First Scotrail. CRS code: BRO.
Image courtesy of Google Earth.