Hanwell [Hanwell & Elthorne]
A station on the original section of the Great Western Railway, opened in 1838. It was briefly also served by the District Railway in the 1880s. The station was previously named "Hanwell & Elthorne" but was renamed Hanwell in 1974. The present station buildings date from 1877 and replaced the original Brunel structure. The platform buildings are painted in traditional GWR dark and light stone colours. Operated post-privatisation by Thames Trains, the station later passed to First Great Western although the vast majority of services are provided by Heathrow Connect - a joint FGW/Heathrow Express operation. CRS code: HAN.
Image courtesy of Google Earth.