CHELTENHAM SPA [Cheltenham Spa Lansdown]
Opened by the Birmingham & Gloucester Railway in 1840, Cheltenham Lansdown became part of the Midland Railway empire in 1846. The station building originally sported a heavy Doric collonade across the front which was removed, probably in the 1960s. It has been suggested that the railway made use of an existing town house for the station building, although this has not been proved. The station is operated by First Gteat Western and also served by Arriva Trains Wales and Cross Country. CRS code: CNM.
Image courtesy of Google Earth.