Mytholmroyd station was opened in 1847 by the Manchester & Leeds Railway on the line between Todmorden and Halifax. The narrow valley location has resulted in a station building that is taller than it is wide. The ground floor contained the booking hall, the first floor gave access to the subway leading to the up platform and only the second floor is actually at platform level. Sadly the station is now unstaffed and the building is disused. When these pictures were taken the station was operated by Arriva Trains Northern on behalf of the West Yorkshire PTE but just a week later it became part of the Northern Rail network. CRS code: MYT.
Image courtesy of Google Earth.