AIGBURTH [Mersey Road & Aigburth]
Opened by the Garston & Liverpool Railway in 1864 which became part of the Cheshire Lines Committee the following year. The station is located in a cutting so the passenger entrance is at first floor level and the platforms are reached by steps. The station closed in 1972 but reopened again in 1978 as part of the Merseyrail Northern Line. Operated by Merseyrail. CRS code: AIG.
Image courtesy of Google Earth.