Ingatestone was opened in 1846 by the Eastern Counties Railway to replace an earlier station of 1843 which was situated a short distance north east of the present site. The main station building on the down platform is the original ECR structure and is in a neo-Tudor style, apparently at the insistence of Lord Petre who wished it to match Ingatestone Hall. The up platform building is a later Great Eastern Railway addition of 1885, built in a Domestic Revival design by W.N. Ashbee. Following privatisation the station was operated by First Great Eastern. Since 1st April 2004 it has been operated by National Express East Anglia. CRS code: INT.
Image courtesy of Google Earth.