The westernmost station on the network, Penzance was opened in 1852 by the West Cornwall Railway. The original station was a typical Brunel wooden trainshed and was replaced by the present structure by the GWR in 1879. In 1937 alterations were undertaken to increase the platforms from two to four. Space contraints inside the trainshed meant the fourth platform had to be placed outside. Upon privatisation the station was operated by Wales & West Passenger Trains which later changed to Wessex Trains. The station is now operated by First Great Western and also served by Cross Country. CRS code: PNZ.
Image Courtesy of Google Earth.